Bright Light Care respects and fully commits to upholding the rights of all people, including those with disabilities. We are also committed to ensuring you are aware of your rights and responsibilities and are supported to exercise them.
You have the Right to access support that:
- Promote, uphold and respect your legal and human rights;
- Respect your culture, diversity, values and beliefs;
- Respect and protect your dignity and right to privacy;
- Are free from violence, abuse, neglect, exploitation or discrimination.
- Allow you to exercise informed choice and control.
It is our responsibility to:
- Tell you about and uphold your rights.
- Provide supports in a way that promotes, upholds and respects your rights to freedom of expression, self-determination and decision-making.
- Support you to make informed choices, exercise control and maximize your independence in relation to the supports we provide.
- Respect your autonomy, including your right to intimacy and sexual expression. Provide you sufficient time to consider and review your support options and seek advice if required, at any stage of our service delivery.
- Support you to provide us with feedback on our service, including complaints.
- Promptly address enquiries and complaints about the supports you are receiving.
- Support you to connect with other services, including advocates, interpreters and translators, if needed.
- Support you to have a person to speak on your behalf for any purpose.
- Provide safe and appropriate services that are culturally relevant and support your needs and goals.